Tips to Easily Update Every Room in Your Home – Is your interior decor enough to make you yawn? No worries! Adding whimsical design elements is a fun and unexpected way to update a modern room and make it really stand out – all without the expense of a complete room makeover.
Here are some cool ideas for refreshing the look of just about every room in your home.
- In the Kitchen. Spice up your room (literally) with a great set of decorative salt and pepper shakers. You can go for pieces that are cute and cartoonish, to something more retro, or more contemporary and artistic. Even if high tea is just a romantic dream, add a classic looking teapot for some great kitchen eye candy. Finish out the room with an art deco wall clock.
- In the Bedroom. Choose a fabric you absolutely love and have your headboard upholstered. Keep the window treatments you already have, but switch out those boring curtain rods. Choose something fresh and fun, whether it be natural bamboo or wrought iron. Replace that old ceiling fan with a fabulous glitzy chandelier.
- In the Living Room. Create a colorful rainbow effect by arranging your books by color. Add exotic finials to make even the plainest of lamps really stand out. Drape a patterned cotton throw over your sofa back- takes the chill out of evening air and looks great in the process. Add a fabulous modern throw pillow or two (think tassels or even feathers) for something completely eye-catching and special.
- In the Bathroom. Switching out and switching up a few accessories is all it really takes to make your bathroom seem brand new. A great looking hand mirror, a super funky soap dish, and stylish cabinet pulls easily update the look and feel of the powder room. Replace the vinyl shower curtain with a natural fiber choice such as organic cotton or hemp for eco- friendly chic.
- In the Dining room. Replace the lamp shades on your chandelier with either a bold new shape or texture, such as beaded. Hang a galvanized thrift store dinner bell. Choose a wall mural of oversized flowers for a pop art effect. You can easily replace the fabric on your chair cushions to a new design that is more fashion forward.
- In the Entry way. Make a great first impression by pairing an ornate gilded mirror with a refurbished vintage table. Add a colorful decorative bowl or plate for collecting keys, sunglasses, and loose change. Create a wallpaper mural of a bold trompe l’oeil (trick the eye) pattern inspired by French or Moroccan architectural tiles.
Don’t limit yourself. You can find fabulous pieces everywhere from clearance bins to yard sales to high end boutiques and online shops. Have fun with this project! Remember, the trend now is a spirited freedom from everything being matchy matchy, so you can easily mix and match styles, colors, and textures.
Use the ideas here to help you think outside the box and make your rooms completely unique. Unexpected touches add a touch of flair and add character to your rooms.
Your home is now updated and you have spare change to boot. Now wasn’t that easy?